This is a reflective journal for nursing school, last class . Please just use the CSLOs to write this journal . Lets say this is a patient who was admitted for alcohol withdrawals and you are the nurse taking care of this patient Course Student Learning Outcomes (CSLOs):
1. Safe, Patient-Centered Care – Provide safe, patient-centered nursing care using evidence-based practice while managing multiple patients. (PSLO 1)
2. Caring Behaviors – Integrate caring behaviors when managing nursing care for diverse patients, families, and communities. (PSLO 2)
3. Communication – Integrate effective communication skills to promote safety and support decision making while managing patient care. (PSLO 3)
4. Clinical Judgment – Incorporate clinical judgment to ensure quality outcomes when managing patient care. (PSLO 4)
5. Collaboration – Participate in collaborative relationships to improve patient outcomes when managing nursing care for diverse patients, families, and communities. (PSLO 5)
6. Leadership – Integrate leadership skills in a variety of healthcare settings when managing care for diverse patient populations. (PSLO 6)
Here are some questions you could ask yourself to aid reflective self-evaluation:
✓ In what areas/situations do you feel you have made progress?
✓ Specifically what have you learned?
✓ What strengths can you identify?
✓ How will you use the information to care for your patient, promote health, and, when disease is present, provide for early diagnosis and prompt treatment, and/or restore and rehabilitate the health.
✓ What has contributed to this progress?
✓ What have you learned about the way you learn?
✓ What would you do differently next time?
✓ What other options were there in that situation?
✓ What would have been the consequences of another action?
✓ Has another similar incident arisen again and how did you react?
✓ Think about some events/ situations that have taken place and how you felt at the time, e.g. confident, tense, frustrated, certain, doubtful etc. Use these reactions to identify strengths, and areas that need development.
✓ Have you identified any areas of weakness?
✓ Are there potential situations where you can work on these? How?
Outcome Progress Evaluation/Clinical Journaling Assignment Grading Rubric:
The summary is neatly typed. The spelling, grammar, and punctuation are accurate. The summary is submitted on time.
The organization of the summary is clear and easy to follow.
The summary provides very descriptive explanation of what the learner has done to meet the competencies.
Summary analysis of the situation is thorough, addressing a student learning outcome
Evidence of clinical judgment and nursing process communicated and clearly identified.
Reflection of clinical experience demonstrates insight and personal assessment.
Specific examples of learning and professional growth provided by learner.
Identified goals to further meet each competency
Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care utilizing clinical judgment /nursing processes.
Outcome progress evaluations will be graded and returned within a week.