Part 1: Crime Analysis Report
Create a crime analysis report that does the following:
- Identifies a problem in a community.
- Completes a crime analysis report on the problem with four different analytical components.
Part 2: Applied Criminology Research
- Describe the background information on the problem using the crime analysis report and additional resources.
- Develop a research question(s) that addresses the crime issue. (one to three questions)
- Create a survey document that could be used to answer the research question(s). (5-10 survey questions).
- Develop a research design that includes an explanation of the study’s population, methodology, data collection, data storage, etc.
- Explain to stakeholders (administrators, mayors, police chiefs) what you have found in the preliminary review of resources and the crime analysis, what you expect to find from your research.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies and professional standards:
MS in Criminal Justice with an Emphasis in Law Enforcement
MS in Criminal Justice with an Emphasis in Legal Studies
2.3: Use valid and reliable data for survey construction, sampling statistics and design, and interpreting data results to inform decision makers for strategic planning.