Write a report that identifies and discusses the key factors that a project manager would need to consider in order to successfully deliver a project.
• You may use illustrative examples to demonstrate your understanding of key project management tools and techniques. For example, in your discussion of stakeholder analysis and management you should include an example analysis of stakeholders mapped on to a stakeholder matrix diagram (do not simply insert a generic, blank stakeholder matrix). The illustrative examples may be drawn from your own experiences / reading. They need not all be related to one project.
• Report format: use sub headings, diagrams and tables etc
• Your discussion should be substantiated with relevant academic material: Harvard references.
Don’t rely too heavily on quotations taken from your sources.
Use a professional, formal style of prose (not informal or conversational).
Check your referencing (EASY MARKS!)
Demonstrate use of the theory – e.g. create an accurate critical path diagram for a hypothetical project.
Use dynamic models (i.e. map stakeholders on to a stakeholder matrix, rather than insert a blank stakeholder matrix.
Stay focused on demonstrating your knowledge of the key learning content. Give your examiner full confidence in your knowledge.
Some things to start you thinking…
Stakeholders – What do we mean by a project’s stakeholders? Why is it important to identify and manage them? Are they all equally important? How can we analyse stakeholders (identify, and decide how to manage them?.
Risks – What do we mean by project risk? How should that be managed? Why is it important?
Performance Management – What are the key dimensions of project success? What do we mean by critical success factors? What could they be? The Iron Triangle is useful here…
Project planning – What tools can be used to effectively schedule project tasks?
Key Information about your individual report.
Word count: 2500 words (+/- 10%) not including references
Marking criteria (100%):
There are three key weighted criteria which will be assessed:
1. Theoretical examination of core project management principles (40%)
2. Practical application of PM principles in terms of specific project requirements (40%)
3. Presentation and clarity of expression and argument (20%).
Can you please Use Harvard referencing, Thank you