Instruction for Concept Map.
I am providing the blank format which has chart everything, you need work on that.
Teaching Assessment and Patient/Client Education (In hospital) and Transfer (discharge). Format is bullet points or number them. No paragraphs.
1. Discuss/Teach a procedure while in the hospital or provide education about a consult
2. Discuss/Teach- a medication while in the hospital (choose one) the action of the medication and the side effects- when to notify/emergency
3. Teach- while in the hospital A health promotion or disease prevention.
Anticipated transfer/Discharge/Interprofessional Consults (going home): In bullet points or number them. No paragraphs.
1. Follow-up with whom? And about what?
2. Discharge Medication-Name the medication, present the action and side effects of the drug. Also, include the dosage, and route.
3. Need to see referral/consultation, and rationales- with whom? And about what?
Nursing Diagnosis: (2 Highest Priority). Please don’t use acute pain diagnosis, DEFICIENT Knowledge, anxiety or fatigue.
1. 2 Actual nursing diagnosis-written correctly:
Example: The Problem- related to -as evidence by- Include the citation.
Diagnosis must R/T medical diagnosis or condition, AEB pertinent S/S, diagnostics and supporting data. (According to NANDA)
2. at Risk for-what is the Potential Complication. -Priority.
1. Written correctly- Example: Problem-related to. For risk no need as evidence by.
Potential Health Deviations (A Risk diagnosis).
1. Use the Carpenito textbook. Write them correctly.
2. Do not use National Safety goals- Potentials for examples: falls, skin breakdown, infection etc. Look-up National Safety Goals
3. Nursing Outcome/Goal and Evaluation:
1. Outcomes/Goals- Opposite/Reversal of the Problem.
2. They are SMART goal which means they are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timed. For example, patient pain is reduced 4 out of 10 after 1 hour.
1. Each Interventions must be evaluated- what the results?
4. Planning/Goals & Evaluation:
1. Refer to the rubric and provide one goal for each nursing diagnosis.
2. Evaluation- Evaluate each intervention, then assess if goal is met.
No paragraphs. Did you meet your goals?
5. Nursing Interventions:
1. Provide the rationales. Please follow the format and sequence- Assess- vital signs and system assessment (focused assessment), Monitor- choose one of them: a lab value, or a diagnostic procedure, or intake/output; Administer- a medication including route, dosage per MD orders; Collaborate- with whom? And about what? 5. Teach-Back-what?
2. Implementation/Interventions: Be specific and clear. Do not provide the same information.
I ADD MY SAMPLE OF CONCEPT MAP, PLEASE FOLLOW THAT.
9. Diagnostic test and Diagnostic procedures: – Please present abnormal findings for pertinent current diagnostic tests and diagnostic procedures need to be assessed. Provide the Rationales- what would be done about them.
10. General Organization:
1. Concept Maps are APA including coversheet. Each category must include the citations. Citations must be scholarly which does not mean WebMD. Must include the minimum of three references. Add title page and reference page.