The school leader I would like to interview is a principal. As the primary decision-maker and leader at a school, they are in the best position to answer questions about standards and provide insight into how their school approaches these topics. Below are some sample questions for this interview:
Identify a school leader to interview about the standards and create interview questions related to the standards.
1. What do you believe the purpose of academic standards should be?
2. How have your school’s standards evolved since you became principal?
3. How does your school ensure that all students meet these standards?
4. In what ways have technology, such as online learning programs or personalized instruction, contributed to student achievement in meeting established standards?
5. Do you find that students benefit from having high expectations when it comes to learning objectives and performance measures related to the standards?
6. What strategies do you use to help teachers implement new academic standards at your school?
7. Are there any circumstances under which schools should make exceptions when it comes to academic standard requirements (e.g., special needs students)?
8. How are standardized tests used in determining whether or not students have met established academic standards at your school?
9. Can you share any examples of success stories where students exceeded expectations due to high performance on standardized tests or other metric with regard to meeting academic requirements set by your school’s standard regulations?