For this assignment, you will view and critique an informative speech. An informative speech functions to enlighten listeners by sharing ideas and information. Informative speaking is discussed more in Chapter 13. You will need to visit The Ted website and choose a speech to view. TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). You can choose any speech that is of interest to you. The Ted site is: http://www.ted.com/Links to an external site.
After you view the speech, you will write a 2 page speech critique that addresses the questions that are listed below. Make sure to include the title of the speech, name of the speaker, date of the speech, and web address of the speech.
1) What is the topic of the speech?
2) What was the general function and purpose of the speaker’s presentation?
3) What were the speaker’s main points and major supporting materials?
4) Were the main points well supported with reasoning, a variety of quality evidence, and effective language use?
5) Were the speaker’s main ideas easy to follow?
6) Were they organized using a coherent design scheme?
7) Did the speaker make effective use of transitions?
8) Did the speaker gain attention with the introduction and provide a sense of closure with the conclusion?
9) Was the speaker’s presentation style effective?
10) Did he/she speak extemporaneously from memory or from a teleprompter or manuscript? Did he/she make effective eye contact?
11) Did movements, gestures, and voice quality complement the tone of the message?
12) In general, what do you think were the strongest and weakest aspects of the speaker’s presentation?
13) What constructive advice would you give him/her for future presentations?
Homework Merchants is the premier online academic writing service provider for students of all levels. With highly experienced and qualified writers from Ivy League universities, we guarantee top-notch quality that meets your exact specifications and requirements.
At Homework Merchants, you can find help with any kind of academic task – be it an essay, dissertation or assignment. Whatever the deadline may be, our writers are able to provide timely and accurate results at affordable prices. We also offer editing services, where we review your work after submission to make sure no mistakes have been made in the process of writing.
Our commitment to excellence has enabled us to provide successful results in a variety of disciplines such as business studies, history, psychology and computer science amongst others. With our team of professional editors who review every written piece before submission; rest assured that getting an A+ grade is within your reach!
We believe that having access to high caliber experts makes completing homework tasks easier than ever before! Our team consists mainly of PhD holders from renowned institutions including Harvard University and Yale University who are well-informed about their respective fields and have many years experience helping students achieve success on their assignments. Our customized approach ensures maximum satisfaction for clients by providing them with personalized solutions tailored specifically for their needs – giving them more time to focus on other aspects of academia such as research projects or extra credit activities without worrying about cramming during exam season!
In addition to this, our secure payment system helps keep sensitive information safe while transactions take place quickly; ensuring convenience & safety at all times when using our services! So why wait? Get started today & give yourself a chance towards earning better grades right away with Homework Merchants!