APA format with References
N.B., a 34 year-old Native American man, was admitted to the emergency department after he was found unconscious by his wife in their home.
· Was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes mellitus 12 months ago
· Was taking 50 units of insulin daily; 5 units of lispro insulin with breakfast, 5 units with lunch and 10 units with supper plus 30 units of glargine insulin at bedtime
· Has a history of flu for 1 week with vomiting and anorexia
· Stopped taking insulin 2 days ago when he was unable to eat
· Breathing is deep and rapid
· Acetone smell on breath
· Skin flushed and dry
· Blood glucose level of 730 mg/dL (40.5 mmol/L)
· Blood pH of 7.26
1. Briefly explain the pathophysiology of the development of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) in this patient
2. What clinical manifestations of DKA does this patient exhibit?
3. What factors precipitated this patients DKA?
4. Priority Decision: What is the priority nursing intervention for N.B.?
5. What distinguishes this case history from one of hyperosmolar hyperglycemic syndrome (HHS) or hypoglycemia?
6. Priority Decision: What is the priority teaching that should be done with this patient and his family?
7. What role should N.B.s wife have in the management of his diabetes?
8. Priority Decision: Based on the assessment data presented, what are the priority nursing diagnoses? Are there any collaborative problems?
Homework Merchants is the premier online academic writing service provider for students of all levels. With highly experienced and qualified writers from Ivy League universities, we guarantee top-notch quality that meets your exact specifications and requirements.
At Homework Merchants, you can find help with any kind of academic task – be it an essay, dissertation or assignment. Whatever the deadline may be, our writers are able to provide timely and accurate results at affordable prices. We also offer editing services, where we review your work after submission to make sure no mistakes have been made in the process of writing.
Our commitment to excellence has enabled us to provide successful results in a variety of disciplines such as business studies, history, psychology and computer science amongst others. With our team of professional editors who review every written piece before submission; rest assured that getting an A+ grade is within your reach!
We believe that having access to high caliber experts makes completing homework tasks easier than ever before! Our team consists mainly of PhD holders from renowned institutions including Harvard University and Yale University who are well-informed about their respective fields and have many years experience helping students achieve success on their assignments. Our customized approach ensures maximum satisfaction for clients by providing them with personalized solutions tailored specifically for their needs – giving them more time to focus on other aspects of academia such as research projects or extra credit activities without worrying about cramming during exam season!
In addition to this, our secure payment system helps keep sensitive information safe while transactions take place quickly; ensuring convenience & safety at all times when using our services! So why wait? Get started today & give yourself a chance towards earning better grades right away with Homework Merchants!