Please respond to each questions below for three laws/policies/programs listed below. Please note that some of real and some are theoretical.
Look at all angles: Positive/Negative/Short-term/Long-term/Necessary/ Possible/ Likely.
Do not research answers! Come up with ideas on your own.
You need to respond with full sentences. Just your first few thoughts on each.
- Legal marriage for minors with parental consent
- Death penalty for first degree murder
- Cigarette purchasing age increase to 21
Cause: Why was this law/policy/program put into place? What circumstances contributed to its implementation? What problem or potential problem was it aiming to control or solve?
Effect: What is the result of this law/policy/program?
- Short-term (immediate/one day/one week/one month/one year)
- Long-term (one year/ten years/generational)
- Necessary (What will definitely happen?)
- Possible (What might happen?)
- Likely (What will probably happen?)
- On an individual
- One the community
- On society overall
Are possible negative effects worth the long-term benefits?
Is there a different/better/more effective approach to the solving the problem?